- Botanical Name – Ocimum basilicum
- Country Of Origin – Egypt
- Color & Odor - Pale yellow liquid with Sweet, spicy, fresh aroma
- Solubility - Soluble in alcohol & oil, insoluble in water
- Specific Gravity - 0.922 @ 72°F
- Flash Point - 167 °F.
- Optical Rotation - -12
- Refractive Index - 1.492@ 72°F
- Storage & Handling - Store in cool, dry and well ventilated area protected in tightly closed container away from sources of ignition, heat and sunlight. Keep air contact to minimum.
- Major Constituents- b-pinene, myrcene, limonene, cis-ocimene, camphor, linalool, methyl chavicol, y-terpineol, citronellol, geraniol, methyl cinnamate and eugenol
- Extraction Method - Steam Distillation