- Botanical Name – Vetivera Zinanoides
- Country Of Origin – India
- Color & Odor – Brown to brown-red with sweet wood odor
- Solubility - in alcohol ( 95%)
- Specific Gravity - 0.992-1.042 @ 25C
- Refractive Index - 1.521 – 1.531 @ 20 C
- Flash Point - 93˚ C (200˚F)
- Optical Rotation - [a]D20 +15 to +45°.
- Major Constituents -Vetiver essential oil are: vetiverone, vetiverol, vitivene and cadinene. Major constituents of Indian vetiver oil are khusol, khusitol, khusinol.
- Extraction Method - steam distillation